National Play Outside Day
National Play Outside Day is the first Saturday of every month. Kids, parents, adults, families, and grandparents are encouraged to go outside and do something fun! It’s easy to stay inside and get caught up with today’s advanced technology, but Special Olympics Maryland challenges everyone to get outside, enjoy the outdoors, and most importantly HAVE FUN!
Play Outside Ideas:
- Play sports with other kids
- Go for a bike ride
- Hangout with friends and make new ones
- Explore new parts of your neighborhood
- Use your imagination to come up with fun things to do
- Plan a family picnic
- Go for a family walk or hike on a trail
- Go to a lake or beach
Why play outside?
- It’s FUN
- Develops a habit of physical activity
- Keeps health and exercise a priority
- Helps to discover new things
- Uses your imagination
- You can enjoy the beauty of nature
- Creates lifelong memories with friends and families
Virtual backgrounds are one of the easiest ways to spread awareness about National Play Outside Day! On November 6th you can replace your normal backdrop with a National Play Outside Day specific one to encourage others to get outside after any Zoom meeting you have!
Right-click the image then save as to your computer. Open your Zoom application and update your background to the file you saved from this page.
Go on a scavenger hunt with your friends or family! Get outside and enjoy the great fall weather! Scavenger Hunt Link HERE.
Tag and follow us on Social!