What’s Cooking with Athlete Leadership
March 2, 2021 at 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Special Olympics Maryland athlete leaders will host a monthly show where they will demonstrate one recipe live in the kitchen. The recipe and ingredients are shared below:
Skillet Pork Chops with Apples and Onions
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3 medium apples, cut into wedges
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; brown pork chops on both sides, about 4 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, combine apples, onion and water. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes to soften.
- Place pork chops over apple mixture; drizzle chops with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until a thermometer inserted in chops reads 145°, 3-5 minutes.